One of the most important things that need to be done by the entrepreneur is identifying the kinds of consumers that he had. The identification of consumers is important for those of you who frequently release new products or engaged in often spawn innovation, such as in the field of technology. By knowing your consumer is likely to be able to give a positive input would be the development of your business, the more you know the more in your consumers, the easier it is for your partnership in business in order to achieve a success and profit.
Here are 5 types of consumers who need to know:
1. Early adopter: usually, this type of consumers use a product or technology from the vendor and likes to give honest feedback and important for vendors to improve their products in the future. You can find this type in the future-oriented, people with high levels of income earned from wages and investment, employees with a salary above the average, and others.
2. Early majority: they are the first group of which there are more significant than the early adopter. According to Investopedia, their page is 34% of the total amount of consumer technology. Early majority present-oriented, has a salary above the average, it could be business owners, managers, and so on.
3. The Laggards: they are the ones who are in the last sequence of adopting new technologies and products. Other than other consumer categories, these people pointed out the lack of enthusiasm for being at the leading edge. They are usually not so fond of the agents of change and tend to be aged. Laggards tend to focus on the tradition. They are usually the lowest social status, lowest financial fluidity, the age of the oldest, but still want to communicate with family and friends nearby.
4. Innovators: The innovator is the first group to adopt innovation. Innovator willing to take risks, have the highest social class, have the financial liquidity, likes to hang out and have a close relationship with the scientific sources and interaction with other innovators. Risk tolerance adopted technology that would probably fail. Financial resources to help them absorb the shaking due to the risk of failure. They are typically high-income groups of people who got rich by way of legacy, the highest professional groups (Executive), those present-minded but still fear the impact time of the income, and so on.
5. Late majority: individuals in this segment will adopt an innovation after a group of average people do it. These people do approach to innovation with high skepticism and after the majority of the community to adopt innovation. Late Majority are generally skeptical about innovation, has the average social status, financial skills are below average, and have relationships with others in the same group and early majority, does not have the determination to be the first. Late majority are regular employees, labor, and workers with low salaries.
Hope this is helpful, thanks.